Friday, February 26, 2016

Oscar Predictions/Thoughts 2016

   The time is here again to look back on the ultimate critical acclaimed (more or less) movies of the year via the Oscars. I have to say I am incredibly happy with some of the choices on here, one of my more personally favorite choices ever. So for awards I care about, like usual, I will post my predicitons and wants:

Best Picture

  • The Big Short
  • Bridge of Spies
  • Brooklyn
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • The Revenant
  • Room
  • Spotlight

Who I want to win: I think of this last, I would be equally happy with The Revenant or Mad Max ….surprised both made it onto a list like this, amazing amazing films in the top of 2015. I would also take that “surprise and liking” factor for The Martian as well.

Who I think will win: I would say at this point its a stacked category, thats a tie between The Big Short/The Revenant/Room/ And Spotlight. I think , Room aside, they all have a chance at it. Maybe the effort of the Revenant and prior awards will take notice though...


Best Director

  • Adam McKay – The Big Short
  • George Miller – Mad Max: Fury Road
  • Alejandro G Inarritu – The Revenant
  • Lenny Abrahamson - Room
  • Tom McCarthy – Spotlight

Who I want: I would be extremely happy with Inarritu winning again, but of course, I tink George Miller would be even more satisfying at this point in his career, cmon go to Valhalla!

Who I think: Probably a near tie between the statistically favored Inarritu from other awards, however he won one last year which puts him at a slight disadvantage to …. McCarthy for critic acclaimed Spotlight....hmmm! Could see a dark horse win by any others too.

Best Actor

  • Bryan Cranston – Trumbo
  • Matt Damon – The Martian
  • Leonardo DiCaprio – The Revenant
  • Michael Fassbender – Steve Jobs
  • Eddie Redmayne – The Danish Girl
Who I want: LEOOOO PLEASEEEEEEE, I THINK THIS IS FINALLY IT! An incredible performance, and hes been nominated so many times and failed I think he just needs to win, and this film was his best chance yet...allll the other awards shows agree for the most part..hoping for a victory cheer Sunday plz..

Who I think: Leo has his highest odds ever, but he is contended by equal shots by Fassbender and Redmayne....well see what happens...

Best Actress
  • Cate Blanchett – Carol
  • Brie Larson – Room
  • Jennifer Lawrence – Joy
  • Charlotte Rampling
  • Saoirse Ronan – Brooklyn

Who I want: I must admit I really have no comment here as I haven't seen any of the above films...... some good choices it seems though

Who I think: My critic watch tells me it's going to be Cate Blanchett rivaled by Larson, could be wrong though...


Best Supporting Actor
  • Christian Bale – The Big Short
  • Tom Hardy – The Revenant
  • Mark Ruffalo – Spotlight
  • Mark Rylance – Bridge of Spies
  • Sylvester Stallone – Creed

Who I want: It would be incredible to see Stallone win a Oscar too, so I'll have to lean towards him. But of course Hardy would be very welcome as well as he was nearly as impressive as Leo was in that film.
Who I think: Stallone actually has great odds from past awards, but I think Bale and Ruffalo contend for this as well ….

Best Supporting Actress
  • Jennifer Jason Leigh
  • Rooney Mara – Carol
  • Rachel McAdams – Spotlight
  • Alicia Vikander – The Danish Girl
  • Kate Winslet – Steve Jobs

Who I want: Considering it was the only film I have seen on this list, I will have to go with Leigh for the Hateful Eight, one of the many highlights there!

Who I think: I think Winslet has this locked down from what I can see and recent shows...


Best Original Screenplay

  • Bridge of Spies
  • Ex-machina
  • Inside Out
  • Spotlight
  • Straight Outta Compton

Who I want: Machina, Inside Out, or Compton all represent the great and out of left field noms that should be more of in the show...so any of those!

Who I think: Could go anyway... I could see an Inside Out, or I could see a Bridge of Spies as making up for its other awards.

Best Adapted Screenplay

  • The Big Short
  • Brooklyn
  • Carol
  • The Martian
  • Room
Who I want: Here I'm going to have to really cheer for The Martian because apparently its a great adaptation and it is as a film and hopefully other wins elsewhere leaves here as its chance to shine

Who I think: Got a feeling on Big Short, Carol, and Room tied....

Best Animated Feature Film
  • Anomalisa
  • Boy & and the World
  • Inside Out
  • Shaun the Sheep Movie
  • When Marnie Was There

Who I want: Inside Out, Pixar's best in years!!!!

Who I think: Depending on how the academy feels on Pixar winning again, either Inside Out or Anomalisa for a more mature film..







Best Animated Short Film
  • Bear Story
  • Prologue
  • Sanjay's Super Team
  • We Can't Live Without Cosmos
  • World of Tommorow

Who I want: World of Tommorow for Herzfeldt's first win please, incredible.

Who I think: Buzz abounds on Sanjay's Super Team

Best Original Score
  • Bridge of Spies
  • Carol
  • The Hateful Eight
  • Sicario
  • Star Wars : The Force Awakens
Who I want: Finally, Star Wars, my favorite thing in the world and movie of the year 2015 on this site. You can guess who I want. Also would be open to the great Hateful Eight score too.

Who I think: For categories like this probably something within conventions like Bridge of Spies or Carol...

Best Sound Editing
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • The Revenant
  • Sicario
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Who I want: I would be happy with any on here, but especially of course Star Wars

Who I think: I can see The Martian or The Revenant having the most critic potential for their ambience.

Best Sound Mixing

  • Bridge of Spies
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • The Revenant
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Who I want: Once again I would be happy with any, but Star Wars too, win them all!

Who I think: Same as above reasons for Martian, Revenant. Or could be a token award for Bridge of Spies...



Best Cinematography
  • Carol
  • The Hateful Eight
  • Mad Max Fury Road
  • The Revenant
  • Sicario
Who I want: The Hateful Eight by far, one of the film's best suits. Would be happy with Mad Max or The Revenant too as always.

Who I think: I could see any about equal, perhaps Sicario dark horse, if not Carol or The Revenant too,

Best Film Editing

  • The Big Short
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Revenant
  • Spotlight
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Who I want: Star Wars, duh... a lot of good ones here though.

Who I think: I can see The Revenant or Mad Max, or perhaps something like Spotlight.

Best Visual Effects

  • Ex Machina
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • The Revenant
  • Star Wars: The Force Awaken
Who I want: Ahh my favorite category because always the movies right up my alley... and so I will have to choose Star Wars, its best shot of the night, but would be happy with any.

Who I think: I got a shiny and chrome Mad Max feeling, or Revenant for that bear.


Overall neat, we'll see how right I am and if not curious anyways!!! Tune in Sunday evening the 28th.








No comments:

Post a Comment